Pillow Plate Applications for Seafood and Fish
Here is a part of our series about Pillow Plates Heat exchangers, are emerging as a highly sought-after seafood and fish solution. Compared to traditional heat exchangers, they are relatively new, but their unique "pillow-shaped" design provides greater flexibility and efficiency in heating and cooling systems. As a result, pillow plate heat exchanger are becoming increasingly implemented in the seafood industry. These fully welded heat exchangers represent a highly versatile technology that is changing the game for many businesses.
Falling Film Water Chillers forIce Water Production in Seafood and Fish Processing
What are Industrial Water Chillers?
With decades of experience in refrigeration, we strive to provide the best solutions for customer applications in the seafood industry. The ice water temperature of 0~1°C of our Falling Film Chillers is the optimal medium for pre-cooling cooked seafood and fish, controlled temperatures for fish or shellfish growth in aquacultures, as well as for the species-appropriate slaughter of fish.
The Following Problems Can Been Successfully Solved with Falling Film Chillers
1. Cooling of shrimps, squid, octopus and cooked seafood in general.
2. Control of fish or shellfish growth at constant seawater temperatures in aquacultures.
3. Slaughtering fish in an animal welfare friendly manner.
Cooling of Seafood (Shrimps, Squid, Cuttlefish and Cooked Seafood) by Falling Film Chiller
The seafood must be pre-cooled as quickly as possible, preferably down to 0°C or near to it, to ensure low energy loss and minimal loss of seafood. The seafood is cooled as quickly as possible with direct ice water contact. This ensures that colour, flavour and weight losses are negligible.
Advantages of the Falling Film Chiller for Seafood and Fish
1. Water cooling by industrial water chillers down to 0~1°C ice water temperature.
2. Open system, cleaning possible of these water chillers at any time even during operation, thus optimal hygiene.
3. Product particles in the warm return water do not lead to freezing. There are no inaccessible corners and angles that make cleaning difficult.
4. Icing due to irregularities in the compressor cannot cause mechanical deformation of these cooling water chillers.
5. Simple ice water system, no seals, no spare parts, i.e. no additional costs due to running times.
6. Minimal cleaning effort due to self-cleaning effect of the plates in these cooling ice water chillers due to constantly falling water film.
7. Can be easily installed above any industrial cooling assembly line.
8. All parts made of stainless steel. Complies with all industrial cooling hygiene standards worldwide.
9. No risk of freezing with ice water cooling of 0~1 ° C for the hydro coolers.
10. Enclosed design prevents product contamination of this industrial water cooling heat exchanger.